This is the life of me, here and now. Wife, Mum of two beautiful ratbags, and trying to find me in there somewhere too! Blogging the thoughts and journey through PND that has me where I am today. This is the life of my Happy (and sometimes not so happy) Mayhem..

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Naked

I started this blog as a personal outlet for myself. But sharing this has proved to be very valuable to me. This blog is like the equivalent of me stripping down, naked for all to see. Most of these thoughts I just can't seem to share in person. You all know the advice 'picture the audience naked', well this is the opposite.. I am the one who is naked and the audience are all staring at me with the ability to pick at the things I don't want people to see.  Things that I see as imperfect and faults as a mum and a wife.

The support I have received from people reading this has been amazing, and you would not believe how many people have come out of the wood work and admitted facing the same struggles, some past, and some present. It has opened up a support network for not just my self, but others around me. Being able to help someone in the same boat is a wonderful feeling.

I don't want sympathy, but maybe some understanding. I think I believe that unless you have been there your self, you can not fully understand. But maybe some blind understanding.. not why I / they are feeling that way, but understand they are going through a very rough time and just need someone there.. It can make the world of difference!

So thank you, for allowing me to be naked, and not judging me.. but holding my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment