This is the life of me, here and now. Wife, Mum of two beautiful ratbags, and trying to find me in there somewhere too! Blogging the thoughts and journey through PND that has me where I am today. This is the life of my Happy (and sometimes not so happy) Mayhem..

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

All my eggs in one big holiday basket

So we are heading off on holidays soon, and I can not tell you how stupidly excited I am. And this is awesome and I can remember a time not so long ago that it was hard to get excited about anything. Only a short holiday, but this is the sort of holiday that my husband and I dreamed of doing as a family, so it is like a little dream come true. Not to mention that some of my fondest memories as a child were the similar holidays we went on as a family, so I get giddy at the thought of embarking on the same with my children. But let me tell you how crazy I am.. a mother dealing with PND and Anxiety and I am trekking off for a week with two toddlers in a motorhome! Such a confined space with a hyperactive and a Velcro child. Yes Beck, that was smart planning to put you straight into the mental asylum.

So now is when the panic starts to set in and I am trying to talk my self around it.. I am trying not to put all my eggs in one basket and have to much weigh on this one trip. My kids are little, so it will be mayhem.. expect it!!! And don't stress when it is. I get anxious at the thought of any of us getting sick on the trip, as this holiday is something I need and the idea of anything ruining it sends me over the edge.

I don't want to come to any ideas that this trip is the make or break of my mental illness, because when it comes down to it, one week away should not make a difference to three years of crazy. So I need to take the pressure off this holiday to deliver something that is can not. I need to not heighten my expectations and just enjoy each day as it comes. This is my holiday as well and I AM going to relax! Now await the post-holiday post to see how well this plan went :)

No comments:

Post a Comment